Pages

Friday 7 May 2010

The Best Cure for Depression


Last Spring I suffered a major clinical depression. At the time it was at it's worse, the Holy Father, Pope John Paul was passing away. I watched with him and I cried and prayed for him. Now that would not be unusual except that I am not a Catholic and barely knew of him or his works, except that he was goodness itself. I have , however been a Christian since birth. When I saw St. Peter's Square overflowing with the faithful praying the Rosary, I said to my husband, a rough fisherman "I need one of those. Please go get me a Rosary. As we had no idea where to get one, I bought one online and taught myself to say the Rosary.Within 3 months I was vastly better, my medicine, daily Rosary recitation! I knew that I had an invitation from the late Holy Father and Our Blessed Mother to join The Catholic Church. I wrote to a priest and am now in RCIA and my son is in Sacraments Class and will make his first communion also. God has never left me alone when I was in need and I thank Jesus for sharing his own mother with me! God Bless You, Jill

No comments: