Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Charity works miracles!




from the newsletter of Sr Emmanuel (Medjugorje)



Isabel Margarita Rojas Leiva, from Chile, belongs to the Lay Missionaries Consecrated to the Holy Spirit. She runs inner healing retreats all around the world. She received a special gift for healing the wounds of the heart. During one of her missions in Spain, she shared the following testimony:

"One day, my Bishop sent me for the first time to a juvenile prison. While I was with them, I started to play the guitar. They all came closer and formed a circle around me, adding their voices to mine, except for one young man who just stayed in a corner by himself. Once the songs ended, I headed towards him. However, I had barely approached when he yelled:

"Stay away!" Seeing my surprise he said it again: "Do not come any closer, I'm a bad person." Then he showed me a tattoo of Satan on his back.

At that point, without knowing why, I got the idea to ask: 'Tell me, when did your Mom kiss you for the last time?' "She never did," he replied. "And he burst into tears."

'Can I kiss you?' I asked. I don't know why I said that, because I didn't feel comfortable with it, but I kissed him anyway. Then we talked for a long time about the love of God. 

When the time came to say goodbye, he said: "If you really love me, give me the cross you're wearing!" I must confess that this request crushed my heart. This crucifix had great sentimental value for me, because it was the last memory I had of my deceased mother. But I felt that God was asking me to make this sacrifice, and so, taking a deep breath, I replied: 'I love you. Here, take it!'

We said goodbye, then we lost contact. Seven years later, I met him during another mission. He had already been released from prison. With a face completely transfigured and beaming with joy he approached me and said:"Do you remember me, Isabel? We met in prison. You gave me this crucifix. Since then, I have been baptized! I now belong to the Church and regularly receive the sacraments."

I cannot describe the joy I felt at that moment. I knew, then, that Divine Mercy is infinite. Miracles take place when we open up to this Mercy, when we give ourselves completely without holding back."

No comments: