Pages

Sunday 20 May 2018

Get up and walk



In Singapore, I saw a friend that I knew from Medjugorje, Fr. Michael Lim,who has a beautiful testimony.

From Chinese origin, a Buddhist, he knew nothing about our faith and wanted to keep away from Christians. His elder sister, Violet, has been gravely ill since adolescence. She had to go through many painful surgeries, including one that almost killed her. Her condition was getting worse and worse. Stuck to her wheelchair, she was a cause of great sorrow for her family, who felt powerless to help her. 

In June 1995, Rose, a Catholic, advised Michael to take his sister to a church where a priest was to lead a charismatic healing service. Michael was skeptical but willing to do anything to help his sister. He explained: 'People were waving their arms or placing their hands on another's shoulder to pray. I thought it was ridiculous. Rose told me to pray to Jesus to send the Holy Spirit through the priest to heal my sister. I didn't understand what she was talking about. But I spoke to Jesus and I said, 'Make her walk and I will believe in you.' When the priest came up to us, he prayed over my sister and then told her to stand. First she walked and then she started to run. The first thing that came into my mind was: He's alive! Jesus is real! I was in tears. From that point onwards I wanted to know everything there was to know about Catholicism. I read the whole Bible from cover to cover in less than 60 days.

Michael could not put the Bible down and spent several hours a day reading it, like a thirsty man who finally has found living waters to quench his thirst. His soul longed for the living God!

Of course the story does not end here, but I can tell you that after this event, his entire family was baptized and Michael was accepted into the seminary at the age of 38. He was ordained a priest last month, March 25th, the Annunciation. He said to his parishioners: It took me 35 years to find God. You were given that knowledge from birth and you want to throw it away? Listen to me. Never waste it!

Yes, Jesus is alive! On Easter we are going to celebrate the joy of having such a God, not made by human hands and powerless to save, but real and alive; and his name is Love! His name is Ieshua, God saves

www.childrenofmedjugorje.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus is alive, hallelujah, and wants to be part of our lives everyday

Annet said...

thanks for sharing. Let his name be praised. Alleluia