Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2018

Miracles in Naju ... a story from Korea


On the day we first visited Naju, the Blessed Mother was weeping lots of tears of blood through her statue. We cried loudly for a long time, repenting our sins and our indifference to her, who was actually so close to us all the time.

Since then, we have visited Naju frequently, filled with the desire to see the Blessed Mother. On October 19, 1990, we attended an overnight prayer meeting for the first time. While listening to Julia relaying the Blessed Mother's messages, I could not control myself and wept so much, repenting my sins. When Julia prayed for me at the end of the prayer meeting, I felt her hand as hot as an iron as she touched my chest. I also felt an intense pain on the left side of my chest, which lasted until the next day. But, on subsequent days, my health improved visibly every day. 

My diabetes, which had afflicted me for thirty years, was gone! I stopped all the medication, but felt as light as a feather in my body. Now I can eat anything: rice, candy, chocolate, etc. My twenty year-old arthritis was also cured. Before, I had trouble bending my knees. Excess water had to be drained out of my knee joints. Now, it is all history. My mother had her first stroke in October 1991. She was in a hospital for three months. But, on May 1, 1992, she had another stroke. Doctors said that it was hopeless. The whole family (there are twenty-five of us) gathered, expecting the worst. But, because my mother loved the Blessed Mother in Naju so much, we informed Julia. She came at about 10 p.m. on May 3. We were shocked, when we saw Julia begin praying for my Mother's recovery. Everyone had already given up hope. My mother remained unconscious. A while later, as Julia continued praying, my mother opened her eyes and, looking at Julia, said, The Holy Water! and, Forgive me.

Julia prayed so fervently. She prayed for each of us, too. She left a little past midnight. My mother continued to recover and ate some food. By daybreak, she became fully alert and spoke clearly. All of us were in such a shock that we could not even speak well. Our nine brothers and sisters were all married, but had different religions. We had lots of distrust and tension in the family. Now we cried and repented. Instead of blaming each other, we all admitted our own faults. This was truly an amazing miracle. We embraced each other and cried loudly asking for forgiveness. 

We offered up our endless gratitude to the Lord and the Blessed Mother for the restored peace in our family. In fact, my mother was always sad about the different religions and tension among her children and offered rosary prayers for each of us from 3:30 a.m. every day. God allowed this grace of conversion and restoration of peace in my family because of the prayers by my mother .Through Julia's prayers for each of us that night, my eighty-three year-old father-in-law was cured of an intestinal inflammation, which everyone had said was incurable. Four others were cured of various sicknesses like ulcers, arthritis, and pleurisy. My whole family converted because of these amazing miracles. We all came back to the Blessed Mother in Naju and began a life of prayers.

No comments: