Pages

Monday 25 June 2018

Prayer changes hearts and minds



My name is Lee and I am a single mother. Four years ago, one year after high school graduation, I discovered I was pregnant. I had always been very much against abortion and had even volunteered at a local crisis pregnancy centre. However, finding myself in this situation, I panicked. Without telling my family members, I decided to have an abortion my reasons being completely selfish. I scheduled an appointment for an abortion, which was a two-day process. The first day consisted of tests and counselling, the second day was the actual "termination of the pregnancy". This appointment was very easy to obtain. I needed no parental approval or medical forms. All they asked of me was two separate money orders

The night before the first appointment, I became very uneasy about my decision. By morning I had completely changed my mind. I found out later that on that same night my mother (who had become suspicious of what I was doing) was intensely praying for protection in my womb! 

After this, I was seriously considering adoption. At five months pregnant I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, and shortly thereafter the Lord made it clear to me that I was to become a mother. Two months later, on February 14, 1992, I gave birth to two beautiful, healthy twin boys. Being a mother has caused a dramatic change in my life. 

I have now thrown aside my sinful lifestyle for the glory of walking with the Lord. I am constantly aware of areas in my life that need changing in order to be an example of Christ to my children. I love being a mother, and I am so thankful to God that he used such precious gifts in order to bring me to my knees. God is sovereign!! Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prayer works, Thank God